dinsdag 12 oktober 2010

Meta-blog Blogger blog (that sure is a lot of blog)

I’ve had this blog now for about 4 weeks, and I wanted to share some of my thoughts about it.

- For one, I feel like I overuse the pronouns I and it. You may not feel that way, but only because when I write, I revise constantly, and continually try to erase them. But the amount of times I’ve pressed that accursed i button on my laptop are way too many.

- As I’ve stated in my introductory post, this essentially is a school assignment, so you can expect blogs of classmates to rise out of the ground and their respective authors to update them frequently. This, however, is not the case: I’ve been looking around at their blogs, and mine really is unique in the sense that I put up a lot, and personal info for that assignment. (Though I’m not saying that others should write down longer/more personal texts!)

- Even though you may think I put up sensitive and personal information, I don’t mind. It’s the only thing I would write about even if I didn’t want to. I just can’t write about one hobby or one continuous topic. It’s just not in me, because I've always felt like I'm so much more than that. I know a something of everything, that's who I am, and my blog will reflect that multifacetedness of my soul, whether anyone likes it or not.

- I didn’t expect this to be so much fun: I can essentially write what I want, and that’s a good outlet of some of my thoughts. I really like that, even though I know no-one will ever get to know me just by reading this blog (or no-one reads this drab drivel, for that matter).

- I try to write as clear and informative as possible (as I believe that’s the true role of the author), but that’s not easy. Yes, I’m an unreliable narrator. Yes, I twist and turn stories. Yes, there are things I don’t, or can’t know about. Yes, some of my thoughts don’t translate well into written language. Yes, there are things I expect my readers to know, even though sometimes they don’t. Yes, you, the reader, have, and will, make faulty conclusions from reading my blog. All that results in a fallible view of the world I present to you. And there’s little anyone can do to correct it.

- Much more personal: I've noticed the attention one of my posts (and, more specifically, one particular line), has been getting, and have considered many a time deleting it. Either you know what I'm talking about (good for you), or you don't (in which case you won't). But seriously, that situation had the bad luck of presenting itself in that particular moment in time. I didn't, and don't, 'mean' anything by it other than stated right there. So stop that rumor-mill, if you please!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten