dinsdag 5 oktober 2010

4 Absolutely Awesome Songs You May Not Yet Know About

Anyone who knows me knows I love listening to music - and that I’m a guitar nut, but that’s absolutely beside the point. As such, I want to share with you a couple of tracks you may not know. Note: some producers disabled embedding, so for the official, non-static-screen music videos, please YouTube them yourself! Happy listening!

1. Mark Knopfler - Brothers In Arms (Live At Montserrat) 



One thing you should know about me is that I love Knopfler, his band (Dire Straits), and everything about him. And this is my favorite version of one of his most famous songs. The timing, the instruments, his guitar work, his chill, raspy voice. It's hauntingly beautiful!

2. Less than Jake - The Science of Selling Yourself Short

As I told you in my introductory post, I like Less Than Jake very much. And this is actually my go-to song when I'm feeling down, because it's about a guy who fucks up his life yet he's still able to feel happiness. Whenever I feel bad, I put this on, slide away, sing along, and immediately feel better, because I know things always can be a little worse.

3. Mason Williams - Classical Gas
 

Guitar players will know this one. And there's a good reason: the song is awesome. I've listened to it more than I would care to remember. And still, I can't get enough.

4. Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)

Awesome song, deep meaning. I've known this one for 5 years, and still put it on frequently. To illustrate to you how important this song is to me: I've got half a mind to have it played at my funeral.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten